I review young adult (YA) titles. I do not receive monetary compensation for my reviews.
If you are an author or publisher, I would be more than happy to read and review YA titles. If you would like to contact me about reviews, please first read the following information:
- I will accept ARCs and published titles, in print, eBook, and audio book formats.
- I will accept self-published titles for review.
- I may decline your request to review a title. If I do, I will indicate why in my reply.
- I may not review every title I accept for review. This is because there are times when I can't get into a book (for whatever reason) and do not finish the book as a result. I don't feel I can give a fair review if I do not finish reading the title in its entirety, so if I can't finish the book, I will not review it.
- I will post both positive and negative reviews. All reviews are honest and fair.
- Reviews will posted any time from two weeks before the publication date to two weeks after the publication date (with the exception of backlist titles or titles I borrow from the library). ARCs will take precedence over books I purchase or borrow from the library to review.
- What I include in my reviews: a picture of the book cover (from Goodreads), the title, author, publisher, number of pages, format, author website, summary (usually from Goodreads), and my personal review.
- I try not to include spoilers in my reviews. If I do include spoilers, I will indicate this at the beginning of the review.
- Reviews posted on my blog may also be posted on Amazon and Goodreads, as well as other websites as requested.
- I read books that are part of a series in order. If you would like me to review a book that is not the first title in a series, please let me know if you are also able to send me the previous books in the series. If you are unable to do so, and I am unable to obtain those books from the library, I might not be able to accept the title for review. I will review all books in the series, but without being able to read each book in the series, I am not able to provide the best review (whether positive or negative) possible.
- I am to do author interviews, as long as I have read the author's newest title (or the ARC, if the book has not yet been released).
- I also host guest posts. I do not need to have read an author's book(s) in order to host a guest post.
- I would love to hold contests/giveaways. If you would like me to hold a contest or giveaway and you are able to ship the prizes to the winner, please feel free to contact me. There may also be times when I will be willing to hold a contest/giveaway and use my own funds to ship prizes. In these cases, I will gladly accept swag (bookmarks, postcards, etc.).
- If you would like to contact me about reviews, please include the following information: Title of the book, author, release date, a brief synopsis of the book, and series title.
Please note that my review policy is subject to change. If you would like to contact me about reviewing titles, hosting giveaways, author interviews, or guest posts, please e-mail me at thebookscapereport(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Thank you for your interest in my blog. I look forward to working with you!